Participants: 8 per country (7 participants + 1 group leader)
Countries: Austria, Italy, Sweden, Serbia, Turkey and North Macedonia
The main idea of this Youth exchange is to gather a young group of participants and to make them aware of the importance of technology, to become aware of the most needed digital skills in today, as well as to have the chance to learn how to be more competitive on the labor market, to get a chance to see and practice the basics of some skills and to The main idea of this project is to boost digital skills and soft skills of young people by engaging them in digital activities through the use of digital content and digital tools, which can only help one to grow and prosper in this world, which whether we like it or not is becoming more digital every day. Equipping young people with digital skills, in particular advanced digital skills, and providing them with entrepreneurship opportunities, will contribute to United Nations Sustainable Development Goal 8: achieving decent work for all and inclusive and sustainable economic growth. Also, 2 other reasons to develop this kind of project is:The EU market remains fragmented and insufficiently innovation-friendly. The demand for innovation exposes a critical gap: a lack of innovation skills, knowledge and training across most organizations.
Basic digital skills: These are skills required for nearly all jobs. They include web research, online communication, use of professional online platforms and digital financial services. Mid-level digital skills: These include digital graphic design and marketing, desktop publishing and social media management, both for job and entrepreneurship opportunities. Soft skills: These are skills necessary for effective collaboration in the digital economy. They include teamwork, leadership, communication and client focus, among others.
The project’s objectives are set as follows: To motivate people to learn, improve, or upgrade their digital skills for educational, job-seeking, or career advancement purposes. to learn basic, intermediate, and advanced digital skills, as well as soft skills To inspire participants to utilize digital technologies to express their creativity and to provide them room to transform their ideas into reality utilizing digital tools. To gain an understanding of the framework of digital competence and its relevance in today’s world. Encourage young people to accept change and learn how to adapt to it. To raise young people’s knowledge of the use of digital and social media as a tool for job recruitment. Develop practical WordPress abilities, design skills, and the ability to use a variety of online creative tools To develop materials to provide better motivation for young people through non-formal education, To connect technology and education process. To create positive motivational outcomes to support engagement, research, writing editing, and presentation of work. And give participants the opportunity to learn about diverse cultures and work in mixed cultural groups while improving their teamwork and leadership skills. Strengthen participants’ awareness of the Erasmus+ program and all its benefits, through the non-formal education process, and empower them to become engaged citizens and to explore other opportunities.
● Motivated to take part in a youth exchange and are interested in the topic of the project;
● Motivated to implement the experience gained in the YE in their communities;
● Motivated to build and support international partnerships that will be created during the YE for future Erasmus+ projects;
● Age limit 18 – 25 years old, preferred;
● People who are willing to learn more about other cultures by sharing rooms with 3-4 other people from different countries;
● People who will be dedicated during the activities, willing to take active participation and be part in creating the final project results
● youth workers, leaders with experiences in international youth field, with non- formal education based methodology;
● with previous experiences in the field of youth engagement, project management, Erasmus + Programme, KA 1 – youth exchanges;
● being able to support the participants during project: to organize and implement
preparatory meetings, to communicate with other group leaders in the process of preparation of programme, to assist participants with arranging practicalities for YE, to support participants during YE, especially to support their learning process and active participation, to organize and to implement evaluation meetings with participants, to support development follow-up activities.
There is no age limit set for group leaders.
● Learning by doing method.
● Ice-breakers and team building games to get to know each other.
● Workshops will leave room for discussions and debates
● Simulation games will allow us to identify current challenges of non-formal education and show possible measures that strengthen them.
● These sessions will provide the participants with concrete ideas that can be implemented in their local communities, thus ensuring an important multiplier effect.
Accommodation and food are 100% covered by the Erasmus+ programme. The participants
will be lodged in “Die Lams” in Rettenegg, Austria. Rettenegg is a
small town located one and a half hour from Vienna and Graz, surrounded by mountains and
typical Austrian architecture. The facility is rented out to schools, associations, organizations
and private individuals, primarily with a focus on children and youth.
● The project will be held in “Die Lams” in Rettenegg.
● During the activity participants will be accommodated in a room with 3-4 other people
from different countries.
● Each participant will have a roommate from a different country and we can’t make
exceptions to accommodate people from the same country in the same room. The
rooms will be gender divided.
● We can’t arrange separate rooms for couples or make additional changes in the room
● The rooms have bunk beds. Mattress, duvet and pillows are provided (bed linen
included). The participants must bring their own TOWELS and toiletries.
● Every room has its own bathroom.
Food: There will be 3 meals per day provided, prepared by a cook. Participants will have a responsibility to help with food preparation and learn more about international cuisine. Each participant will be responsible to wash their dishes and silverware after eating.
During the official part of the event, and in the territory of the hotel alcohol and drugs are strictly forbidden! Smoking is not recommended and in case of urgency only permitted outdoors in a designated space.
Everyone is welcome with these restrictions. Violation of this entitles the caretaker to immediately dismiss the person(s) concerned. No refund on travel costs will be guaranteed in case of dismissal.
Please, inform us in the application form about your food needs (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies).
The accommodation is covered at Retteneg, only for the days of the activity (19.11 – 27.11.2022). In case of a longer stay there is no chance of reimbursement of travel costs.
You are not allowed to arrive after 19th of November or leave earlier than 27th of November. Please keep in mind when booking the tickets. For any other questions consult with the group leaders form sending NGO.
To apply, please fill in the application form on this LINK.
The deadline for selecting participants is 17th of October . The deadline for buying tickets is 21st of October.
To download the complete project Infopack, click HERE.
An invitation to try to travel mindfully – with no excess luggage and extra effort to store it. You’re welcome to use tips from EC: LINK
1. Fly to Vienna Airport
It is the closest airport to the venue. Flying to Bratislava is an alternative if you are arriving earlier. If landing in these airports, you will have to take a Bus, Metro or a Train to Vienna City Center
2. AT 20:00 Jump on a Private Bus to Rettenegg.
There will be an organized, private bus waiting for you at HBF Wien – Vienna Train Station (Maps location). The hosting organisation will provide the bus and share with you the exact location (all partners will get info for the location). The same bus will drop you off there at 09:00 am on the departure day.
NOTE: bus will leave at 20:00 sharp so make sure you are there on time. There is no other way to reach the venue. Same bus will drop you off at 09am.
If you are arriving from another place.